The USDA Northern Forests Climate Hub and the Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science are offering the popular Forest Adaptation Planning and Practices training as an online, seven-week course! The winter 2018 course will be held during January 15 - March 2, 2018 with a focus on New England and New York.
This unique opportunity provided hands-on training in considering climate change information and identifying adaptation actions for natural resources management and conservation. Participants received coaching and feedback on their own real-world climate adaptation project. The online Adaptation Workbook tool is featured, with special course features and additional materials.
Through this course, participants recieved information to help them:
- Identify locally-important climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities
- Develop specific actions to adapt forests to changing conditions
- Use the Adaptation Workbook to create their own “climate-informed” projects
- Better communicate with stakeholders about key climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities
- Access post-training support from NIACS staff during project planning and implementation